Girls Spring Volleyball
The spring season (March thru early June) is dedicated to girls volleyball. The program has grown from 200 players in 2012 to an amazing 620 players and 150 volunteer coaches for the spring 2017 season making it the largest youth volleyball program in Fairfax County.
The next full season for girls will be spring 2018. We hope you can join us then.
The program is open to girls in grades 4th thru 12th with eight (8) leagues:
- 4th Grade House League
- 5th Grade House League
- 6th Grade House League
- 7th Grade House League
- 8th Grade House League
- 9th-12th Grade House League
- MS Select League (open to 6th-8th graders, requires a tryout)
- HS Travel League (open to 9th-12th graders, requires a tryout)
Teams only play teams in the same league.
Everyone in the MYV spring program registers for the House League and is placed on a team regardless of skill and past volleyball experience.
Girls in the 6th through 12th grades have the option to seek a spot on a MS Select or HS Travel team, which requries a tryout. Those who do not make a Select or Travel team after the tryout are placed on a House team.
MYA Volleyball has access to gyms in the McLean-area from Monday through Friday between 5:30pm and 9pm. Each team has its weekly 90 minute practice at a different time and at a different gym than other teams. During registration, each participant indicates the days of the week with schedule conflicts. Our schedulers work to assign each player to a team that practices on non-conflict evening.
House league matches run for 60 minutes (3 games) and are always on Saturdays between 10am and 6pm at schools in the greater McLean area.
For more information, visit the following links:
Calendar (Spring 2017)
- January 1: Registration Opens
- March 1: Registration Closes
- March 7: Coaches Coordination Meeting @7:00pm-8:45pm at the McLean Community Center
- March 8-11: MS Select Round 1 Tryouts
- March 11: HS Travel Tryout @11am-1pm at the McLean HS Main/Lower Gym #2
- March 13: MS Select Round 2 Call-Back @7pm-9pm at the McLean HS Main/Lower Gym #2
- March 15-25: Skills Clinics
- March 20: MS Select Practices Begin
- March 20: House Team Rosters Published
- March 27: House Team Practices Begin
- April 1: Matches Begin
- April 8-16 FCPS Spring Break GYMS CLOSED
- April 22: Team Picture Day for 7th-12th grades at McLean HS
- May 6: Team Picture Day for 4th-6th grades at Longfellow MS
- May 20: Last League Matches & Three-in-A-Row Froyo Challenge
- May 27-29: Memorial Day Weekend GYMS CLOSED
- June 3 & 4: Playoffs for House and Select Leagues
- June 6-8: Internal All-Star Matches (4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th/12th House Leagues)
- June 10: Regional All-Star Tournaments (6th, MS Select Leagues)
with your questions.